Re: Pulled the engine

To: spritenut@Exit109.com, cdouglas@oz.net
Subject: Re: Pulled the engine
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 07:17:45 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
spritenut@Exit109.com writes:

> Stick with points, easier, and cheaper (just my opinion after 2 electronic
> kits in
> 2 years)

OTOH, I am into my 3rd year on a Crane XR-700--hasn't missed a lick, and no
points to adjust or stick.  I do agree with Frank that the points are easier
and cheaper, and if you DO have problems they are much easier to trouble
shoot.  If you run electronics it is best to carry a spare distributor with
points when you are on drives and trips.  You know, one of those "just in
case" cases.  8^)

--David C.