Restretching leather seats... (LBC application, maybe)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Restretching leather seats... (LBC application, maybe)
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 09:19:51 -0500
Ok, so our cars don't come stock with leather.  There's _still_ some LBC
application, I'm sure. <grin>

In my quest for making my 300ZX a more drivable vehicle for my wife (it's our
daily driver), I need to fix my rear seat.

A small T-Top leak that took me a year to finally fix, only took several months
to shrink the driver's side leather rear seat cover. It's intact, but no longer
has the form fitting look of the passenger side.  It's one of those rump
fitting rear seats with a depression in the middle.  Now,  the leather
stretches straight across the depression, and not down into the foam.

Does anyone know how to restretch leather so that I can get it to fit the mold
again?  Like I said,  there are no rips or holes in the leather yet, so I think
it's still repairable.

Thanks,

Michael