Re: 1275 Venting

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1275 Venting
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 22:01:13 -0700
 Here is my tale of success while we are on the subject.  I have a 1275 with
a new rebuild.  While this was my fist A series, it certainly wasn't my
first engine.  Knowing I didn't have a PCV system in place from the bat, I
know what to expect.  I had the usual oil out the rear seal area.  Not just
a drip but a steady stream!

Mine is a 1969 series, with the hose going from the TC to the Y fitting on
the carbs.  This wasn't working for some reason.  I put caps on the carbs
and ran the hose from the TC to a PCV valve purchased from NAPA part #2-9254
(found this in the archieves).  I then ran the other end to the intake
(stock SU).  Works like a champ.  I tried to run just the hose but I had a
3/4" at first and was pulling oil into the intake, makes for a good smoke
screen and bug fog but not for a happy wife as it is her car anyway.  I am
guessing the PCV valve somehow limits the amount of air pulled into the
intake I don't know.  I droped my hose size down to 1/2" i believe, and that
helped also.  If anyone is interested I'll try and post some pics of this
set up.  Also thanks to Rick Fisk for helping me out on this last sunday
night.  We both had a blast working this little quirk out.

Charlie
69&71 Midget