Re: axles

To: KansaR@diebold.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: axles
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 19:21:00 EST
In a message dated 2/19/02 4:43:58 AM, KansaR@diebold.com writes:

<< festiva bought it huh...darned. i used to have one loved it, might be
looking for another,
last night, my little daily driver truck bought it!. >>

If you're fast and don't mind putting in a headgasket and water pump (engine
doesn't seem to be harmed)  have I  got a deal for you.  Seriously, the
$800-$1200 cost of having the work done is almost as much as the car is worth
on the market, and we can't tackle it ourselves any more.  It is charcoal
(black with gold flecks) gray interior, in generally good shape.  We've never
had to do any major work on it.  It is in Solana Beach, CA.  Can't talk money
now.  I'm too emotional about it.   Hadn't read  your other post when I wrote
this, but the original symptom  seems pretty much the same as ours, except we
stopped the car immedately and cooled it down with the motor running.  After
it had cooled down a bit, the engine died and we couldn't restart it.  There
was water everywhere and that probably accounts for the engine dying.  The
mechanic got it started after we left it with him.

Annice
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes)