Re: was Sebring Saab, now racing

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: was Sebring Saab, now racing
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 10:43:53 EST
bugeye15@hotmail.com writes:

> NASCAR events are too commercialized, and crowded. Got to get back to the
> source of my illness!!, Sportscar and Vintage type events.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

You might want to look into joining Sports Car Club of America.  SCCA
sometimes gets a bad rap, but at a regional level it is usually full of good
people.  The Northeast has lots of good racing and if you are an SCCA member
you have access to it all, mostly for free.  I was a pit marshal at the last
SCCA national race at Pocono, and they even include lunch.

SCCA is also starting to get into more vintage racing.  With the new CEO, we
are starting to see some positive changes.

Check out www.scca.org for more info, or contact your local region.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget