RE: was Sebring Saab, now racing

To: "'Ajhsys@aol.com'" <Ajhsys@aol.com>
Subject: RE: was Sebring Saab, now racing
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 13:02:42 -0500
Cc: "'team-thicko@autox.team.net'" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>, "'spridgets@autox.team.net.'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
will keep an eye out.
but from what i know, scca "vintage has been around for 15 years or so,
matter of fact, back when i started into this madness, i was trying to go
that way,
actually got a "vintage " rule book from scca, but every the couple times i
treid to enter a weekend event, theoretically perfectly legal through scca,
i was not allowed to run for the simple reason people didnt know what to do
when i showed up, reguardless of the fact it was perfectly sanctioned for me
to do so. they wouldnt allow me to run with the contemporary cars, because
my car was set to vintage rules. and they wouldnt want me to run alone..i
was stuck, until i went to svra. scca DID allow me to go through drivers
school however, and i was the first driver to have a scca vintage liscense
some 15 years ago, but it was unusable, maybe things have changed. it sure
would be great to be able to hop over to nelson ledges 45 min away, for a
weekend of cheap fun.