Re: NO LBC: Someone was looking for a new PC....

Subject: Re: NO LBC: Someone was looking for a new PC....
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 12:24:05 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
I have a Dell at home and I dread calling support. True they might be better
than most, but most of the time you just reach a "tech" that reads screens to
you from their website. Occasionally you get a knowledgeable person, but make
sure you call during US business
hours, otherwise you reach someone from elsewhere in the world and oftentimes
with zero knowledge or experience.

I experienced the same problem with my Dell for more than 6 months. Every
"tech" told me the same thing, along with some things that were just plain
incorrect. I finally paid one of the hardware techs that maintains our network
at the office to diagnose it. Bad hard
drive.

I would buy another Dell. Celeste has a Gateway (delivered dead in the box). I
would even by a Gateway. Simply put, just like everything else, there aren't
any guarantees of real service and just like every other business or service,
finding someone with any product
knowledge, technical knowledge, just plain experience, even an interest in
helping the customer, or "e" All Of The Above is rare in today's world.

Computers are a monster we have been conditioned to feed. We pay inflated
prices for software, exorbitant rates for service, and we non-chalantly discard
hardware at the drop of the hat.

LBC Content - I'm glad I don't have the option of changing any chips in my
spridgets. :-)

Jay F
(Innocentihead according to HealeyRic, but I've been called worse.)