Re: Bugeye side curtain dilemma...

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bugeye side curtain dilemma...
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 08:43:29 -0800
Hmmmm, Bugeye side curtain "dilemma". Was this email really intended for Dr.
Laura? If it was it would also be appropriate to state that you are "my car's
owner". (Sorry)

Larry, w/o see your frames, it's hard to say if they are for a Sprite or not. Do
they mount on the door? How do they fit with the top in place? From your
description they certainly don't sound like OEM sidecurtains. If they mount and
generally fit with the top in place, I would guess that they are aftermarket
items for a Sprite. I have no experience with aftermarket units since there have
always been a gazillion OEM sidecurtains around here and there.

I'm confused by your question about rigid inserts. If you are referring to the
"glass", yes it was rigid as it is/was Plexiglas. When cut to the correct size,
it can be replaced by carefully and slightly bending/bowing the plexi. If you
have to bend it too much, the piece is too large. No I don't know the
dimensions,
but just measure the distance between the top and bottom channels. There should
be U-shaped felt in the channel also, at least on the OEM units.

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct