RE: NO LBC: Someone was looking for a new PC....

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net> teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g26GgeG20921
Subject: RE: NO LBC: Someone was looking for a new PC....
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 10:42:31 -0600 namics.com>
Not to keep this thread alive, but I had to throw in
my .02.

Basically, a computer is just like everything else.  You
hear both good and bad stories from everyone.  Dell sucks,
Best Buy sucks, Local people suck, etc.  It really doesn't
matter.  For every bad story you hear, there are good stories.

What would I recommend?  Whatever you feel comfortable with.

If you feel better going to Best Buy, then go.  If you like
the pricing of Dell's, order it online.  If you are savvy enough
to build it yourself (like I did), buy all the parts and
put it together yourself.

I know we have all heard stories about how someone doesn't
understand why we would drive one of those piece of s**t
British cars.  They are expensive to work on, leak oil
all over the place, and never run.  Gosh, why would anyone
drive a car that required more work than just putting
gas into it?

Also, from someone who has done tech support for my company,
don't knock their stupid questions.  I have solved more stupid
problems from "intelligent/experienced users" than I care to.

Next time you want to rag on a tech support person for asking
you stupid questions, read some of the tech support calls from
these sites:

http://www.rinkworks.com/stupid/
http://www.techtales.com/tftechs.html
http://www.techcomedy.com/