RE: NO LBC: Someone was looking for a new PC....

To: "Rob Lewis" <rob.lewis@photondynamics.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net> teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g26HYiG22332
Subject: RE: NO LBC: Someone was looking for a new PC....
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 11:34:43 -0600
My turn! Almost everyone has a computer junkie friend. Ask them what it would
cost to build a nice computer based on their knowlege. Then ask them how much
to build it for you. Based on what I was offered service wise from Compaq, I
have to say that proprietary units are only for beginners, much like Miata's
are for wanna be sports car owners (:^P, Ron Soave!!) Once you have a system of
your own, you learn what you want, and don't want from a computer. Then you go
to tigerdirect.com and other such places to buy your parts and have it built,
or better yet, learn how to do some of it yourself. You work on your car, it is
to much fun driving to not fix it, the same with your computer.
Brad