Re: Piston and Cam questions

To: "Kevin & Kathy Valentine" <valntine@ptd.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Piston and Cam questions
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 15:27:26 -0800
Kevin,

Some will probably disagree with me, but why go more over than you need to?
There is so little material between the cylinders to start with and they
are prone to bore flex as it is. If something goes wrong later, you're
risking being near your max limit for oversizing and sleeving is an
expensive proposition. I'd stick with .020 oversize. Most of the
performance inprovements you'll get from this engine is in the "breathing"
department. Check Vizard's book for cetails.

Check with Peter C. (nosimport@mailbag.com) for pistons. I've purchased
several sets from him.

I've not reground cams and not sure you can change durations from a stock
one. Most people just buy the cam setup they want.