Re: E-bay rant

To: SDOliner@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: E-bay rant
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 05:54:14 EST
In a message dated 3/8/02 12:03:23 AM Eastern Standard Time, SDOliner@aol.com
writes:

> I was not sitting at the computer near the time the auction was ending, so
> even if the this bid had gone in with 5 minutes to go, I still wouldn't
> have
> had the chance to bid again.
> Nonetheless, I still feel this was underhanded.

I hear ya, David.  Been sandbagged a number of times.  You have to play that
game too if you want to be sure to get something you are interested in.  The
other option is to bid the highest amount you would be willing to pay for the
item, then forget it.  If someone else wants it for more they woulda gotten
it anyway.  Be nice if they would keep the bids going for say, an hour after
the last bid, regardless of the stated ending time.  That seems to be a fair
way to ensure that all the bids are in and it would eliminate that last few
seconds bidding stuff.

---David C.