Re: E-bay rant

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: E-bay rant
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 09:27:52 -0500
The way eBay is designed to work is that you enter your bid at the highest
amount you are willing to pay, but your bid is actually only entered for the
amount necessary to win the bid, if possible.

If you want to try and play eBay the way a live, in person auction works,
then you need to be there live, in person, to bid.

It would seem to me that you were trying to play the game the same way the
winning bidder did - by entering a bid of only enough to get the high bid.
Since he was there when the auction ended he had the advantage, and won.
Wouldn't you have done the same thing if you had the opportunity?

<dnw>
1972 Midget
1998 Safari
1999 9-3
1964 (Me)
I enjoy long walks. Especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.