Fuel sender gasket

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel sender gasket
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 07:54:14 -0800
I replaced the sending unit gasket on my '62 a while back with a M***
replacement (rubber). The old one, rubber as well, had somehow shrunk(?)
and pulled up over the flange. I just attributed it to the DPO
installation and put the new one on.

This weekend while sorting through some parts I found the new sending
unit I bought for my '64 (M*** as well) and the gasket with it is cork.

So my question (finally!) is which is better, rubber or cork? Could the
previous one (and therefore the new one) have not been fuel compatible?
I haven't filled the tank yet since replacing the gasket.

Herby
64 MKII Sprite (Herbytoy - patiently waiting)
62 MKII Sprite (the "resto-mod" driver)
billh@aaai.com
www.herbytoys.com <http://www.herbytoys.com/>