Re: Fuel sender gasket

To: Bill Hunt <Billh@aaai.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel sender gasket
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 19:40:48 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Bill Hunt wrote:

> So my question (finally!) is which is better, rubber or cork?

It all depends. Rubber *used* to be good before they made it "new and improved",
now it just evaporates. New rubber "O" rings that last damn near a month, rubber
mirror gaskets that make it a whole week!
And my all time favorite is the rubber Lucas beehive lens holders.
I have replaced all my *new* ones with 40 year old originals.
At least they hold the lens in.
It must have something to do with the quality of the rubber trees that grow in
china, I don't know.
So unless you know where the rubber came from, go with cork.
I use the thick sheet cork and cut my own. It's not perfect but no one will ever
see it either.

--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ