Re: 1500 exhausting question

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1500 exhausting question
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 06:39:19 -0600 (CST)
I don't know about the single Weber, but with the dual SUs, I grab a
9/16" (at least I seem to recall that it's a 9/16") box/open-end
wrench, and tie a string to the box end, tying the other end to my
wrist.

Holding that in my right hand, I stick my right arm down into the
space between the front carb and the radiator, in past my elbow.
Bending my elbow brings the wrench up in the vicinity of the nuts.
Now it is just a matter of getting the wrench on the flats of the nuts
so that pulling with my fingers loosens them.  You may have to flip
the wrench over each flat to get the right angle.  Sooner or later you
will drop the wrench, and it won't always fall through to the floor
(hence the string between the wrench and your wrist).

As Guy said, it can be done, but it takes patience...

> To Larry Macy and other 1500 owners,
> What tools do you use to get the bottom center bolts off the exhaust
> manifold.  I can just about see them and can't seem to get the right
> combination of tools and dexterity to get to the bolts.  What do you
use?