Re: pertronix coil

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: pertronix coil
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 20:09:08 -0600
Alex,

Pertronix makes a matching coil for use with their Ignitor module.  If you
use a low resistance coil (1.4 Ohms) it will cause too much current to flow
through the module and burn it out.  I have used the Pertronix coil in my
Midget and a 100-4 Healey with good results. Comes in three types, chrome or
black oil filled and a racing version that is potted.  The chrome looks
similar to the original natural aluminum coil.

Mark
Nashville

From "ALEX VOLK" <TALLA at TELUSPLANET.NET>

Hello everyone,
Now that I have a alternator my conversion, (thanks all), I am installing a
Pertronix electronic ignition. The manual states that I must have a coil
with
at least 3 ohms of resistance. All the coils I have seen seem to have a
maximum of 1.4 ohms of resistance. Anyone know of a good high output coil
that
can be used with Pertronix Ignition????????