Re: pertronix coil

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: pertronix coil
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 22:59:18 -0500
"Larry & Sandi Miller" <millerls@ado13.com> wrote:
>I've ran the Lucas Sport (Gold) coil for about 3 years now with the
>Pertronix with no problems.

Me too! Me too!

Also, there is a way to fry your Pertronix during a tune-up. If you
have some of the wires disconnected from the dizzy (can't remember
which ones) and you use the starter to bump the engine over (as you
might do when setting valve lash), you will fry the unit. This little
problem is UN-helpfully listed in their trouble-shooting section of
the instructions. They may have moved it to another part of the
instructions by now - they told me they would after I pointed out to
them how silly it was to have a warning message in an after-the-fact
part of the instructions!