Re: Spacers & Long Studs

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spacers & Long Studs
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 09:09:46 -0600
I seem to remember another issue with vega wheeels from the vintage race
group on autox.team.net a few years ago.  Has to do with the lug nuts
bottoming out against the hub before they are able to clamp the wheel.  This
is due to the need for a different taper on the nut.  Maybe the spacer
solves the problem from a different direction.  I think Gary Speckman knows
about switching to Vega wheeels.  maybe he's still on the list...or try him
through Team-Thicko@autox.team.net
--JohnD

Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 01:51:35 EST
From JARplanner at aol.com
Subject: Spacers & Long Studs

I've decide on a change in my wheels - switching to wide wheels on my Bugeye

, specifically 13x6 Vega GT rims.  After reviewing the archives & past
threads, I know I will need to switch to longer wheel studs and will need
spacers for (at least) the back