Re: no lbc- honda question

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: no lbc- honda question
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 16:23:35 EDT
patricia.sauthoff@Colorado.EDU writes:

>     Here's the issue.  My '89 Honda CRX is very sick, and she's slowly
> dying.
> A few weeks ago I parked the car outside of my house, and she didn't want
> start for awhile.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

On computerized cars there are sensors that tell the engine what to do.
Check the sensors.  In some cars there is a way to read problem codes without
hooking up to a computer.  A Haynes or Chilton manual on the car will tell
you how to do it.

Check the oxygen sensor (which is probably bad if it hasn't been changed
since 1989) and maybe the throttle position sensor, which can be troublesome.
 Also bad EGR valves cause starting problems.  Do simple stuff before you
rebuild the engine.

My 1992 Mitsubishi 1.8L engine has 173,000 miles on it and it still runs
great.  I changed the oxygen sensor about two years ago.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'75 Midget "The Project"