Anti virus program- non LBC

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Anti virus program- non LBC
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 08:14:55 -0700
David,

YES- I would not run any computer without virus software, even if the
computer is not connected to the Internet- you still can get viruses by
using infected disks. By the way, besides e-mail, you can also get viruses
though instant messenger or chat.

Do you mean 256MB RAM?... The computer I use at home is less powerful than
yours (Compaq laptop with Pentium l, 166 Mzh cpu, 96MB RAM), with a
relatively small HD, and I have had no problems with either McAfee or
Norton.... Another thing- don't load both on the same computer at the same
time. It won't give you double protection- and in my experience, that's
asking for trouble (software conflicts between the two programs).

At work we use McAfee on over 300 computers with good results. That being
said, I prefer Norton because most users find it easier to access the free
updates than with McAfee.

Jacques Le Clainche

DavidRiker wrote:

Ok, some non-spridget advice, help needed.  I'm running a computer almost as
old as my spridget (well, in computer years that is)  It is a 4 year old HP
with a 333Mhz cpu, 285MB ram.  I had been running McAfee Virus scan, but
newer versions consume all of my cpu capacity all of the time, causing
sluggish performance and frequent freezing up.  I have had to uninstall
Virus scan completely.  Is virus software necessary?  Will Norton work
better?  Now that you know I'm not running anything, please don't email me a
virus, ok?