Guess What??

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Guess What??
Date: Sun, 05 May 2002 13:30:38 -0400
Yesterday at the well attended BritFest outside Dover NJ, I won Second in
the Midget class!!!

Those that have seen my Midget will not believe this, but that was second
out of about a dozen Midgets. Well I had chuck paint it last year, I put new
chrome wire wheels on last year. I have newly covered seats, and a freshened
interior with new carpet. (I will have to get around to posting some Before
and After pics soon). There were quite a few nice midgets there, and my
interior is still missing a few trim items. But I was damned happy. I won a
Diamond in the Rough award at a show a few years ago, so this feels pretty
good.

And that is after being disappointed by not winning a door prize after Frank
won a case of Castrol and the two guys from the Philly MG club (Reg K and
Bill H) I was sitting with all won door prizes.

I only saw a couple of Spridgeteers there, Frank, with Pieces, and Chris
King, whose car the Organization of Spridget Handymen & Investigation Team
is going to work on June 1. If any others were there, I am sorry I missed
you.

My thanks to chuck for painting the car and to Kevin and Rob and Allen for
helping get it ready to paint. And to Peter C for the carpet and finding me
a non-scratched MG emblem for the boot lid. And to Frank for sending me to
his upholsterer. (Now I sound like an Oscar winner ;-)

Larry (with a really good sunburn on my face)

--

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.