Tools (no LBC at all) - was Hey Frank

To: "'Frank Clarici'" <spritenut@Exit109.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tools (no LBC at all) - was Hey Frank
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 19:56:53 -0500
I've had decent luck with Craftsman, they always replace the socket wrenches
when I break them, and I usually get a few good years out of each one.
Recently I had to make a special tool for replacing struts on my bigger car,
needed to grind some flats on a socket and drill a big hole through the end
of it where the socket wrench would go so I could fit a 11mm socket down
inside it.  Drilling out that craftsman 22mm socket was a chore, and we ate
up a couple of big drill bits doing it on the lathe (big drill press wasn't
working so well on this one). My machinest buddy said that was some kind of
good steel in that socket.  Just a data point.

Bob
'74 MG Midget
'90 944S2