RE: Dogs and leather seats (NO LBC)

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Dogs and leather seats (NO LBC)
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 20:40:54 -0700
Bill,

We currently have three dogs, from 85 to 100 pounds... We have had more at
times - my wife's hobby is breeding Rhodesian Ridgebacks... In our
experience, the leather seats stand up to "dog use" better than the cloth. I
find the cloth seats are more difficult to clean and are very good at
trapping hair. After a while, they get a "dog smell" too, which is not too
easy to get rid of.

We have leather seats at home too- works even better than in the cars, as
the color in the seats at home is all through the leather, so scratches
won't show. They will show in the car as the color is only surface deep... I
am sure you can touch them up... My wife keeps getting catalogs with special
seat covers for dogs- I am sure they work well. If you want to make sure the
seats don't get damaged, especially as you said this dog of yours will get
in the car wet and muddy, that might be THE solution... A lot cheaper than
leather seats too, I am sure. Email me off list if you want more info.

Jacques le Clainche