Re: Clutch Longevity

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch Longevity
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 11:08:36 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, bugeye@yahoogroups.com
"Robert E. Shlafer" wrote:

> I would advise an upgrade to the "roller" throwout bearings, though.
> "Action" is
> relatively smoother and the whole assembly will last a lot longer,
> especially in heavy, slower moving traffic conditions wherein driving
> with the pedal depressed
> a great deal of the time simpy cannot be avoided.

I appreciate your advice, but it is my intention to keep the 68 as original
as possible. The only thing that is not original is the fuel pump (electric
when we got it), battery and clamps. Others may vary in opinions. I will be
heavily modifying the Bugeye to my preferences, since they were under
powered and underbred from the factory, compared to the later cars. But
that is for another thread.

Brad