Re: Lug nuts*

To: David Riker <davriker@pacbell.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lug nuts*
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 19:10:07 -0700
David,

My first new car was a '72 Kamback GT. You are absolutely right about
engine wear. Even though I took really good car of that car, by the time it
had 40,000 miles on it, the engine needed rebuilding, which I ended up
doing. I sold the car by around 1978 and went back to driving a British car
(MGB) which I paid about $100 more than I sold the Vega. I was pretty
disgusted that that is didn't last very long. I also bought a '55 Chevy in
1977 which was a great car and had until 1985 or '86. That 30 year old car
was in better shape whenI sold it than the Vega was after those few short
years and I never did anything mechanical to it except have it tuned and
the steering adjusted when I bought it!

There is a pretty enthusiast (diehard) Cosworth Vega  Owners Club out there
too. The wheels I have are Silver and apparently, you need different lug
nuts for a '75 than a '76 (mine are '76) I think I found a solution, but
won't know for sure until Monday when places are open for business again.

Gerard