Re: 63 Sunbeam Alpine

To: conan@ralvm8.vnet.ibm.com
Subject: Re: 63 Sunbeam Alpine
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 13:44:22 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
think, it was known as the wide block or "big small block" because even though
it
was considered small bore size it was a big engine physically.  After 66 the 318
LA engine came out which was a smaller engine, but still bigger physically than
Ford 289.  The trade off for the size was a very strong engine that would take a
lot upgrades without disintegrating.

There was one small v-8's in the darts, but most of the darts had the slant 6.
(leaning tower of power)
Steve

conan@ralvm8.vnet.ibm.com wrote:

> << wideblock,
>
>   Steve,
>   I think this was the problem with not continuing the Tigers with
> a Chrysler engine, not a problem with a wimpy engine. ;-) :-) :-)
>
>   For those considering building their own Tiger..  Shelby did a lot
> more development than -just- dropping a V8 into an Alpine to make a
> Tiger.  (Yes, it was another Shelby project! :-) )  Do your homework
> first!
>   Ed in NC
>    I went to high-school with a girl who drove an Alpine coupe.

Steve McGee, Atty. at Large
Samesq@pacbell.net
Home Page: http://home.pacbell.net/samesq
Photo Album: http://members2.clubphoto.com/steve191750/