Dixon report

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dixon report
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 09:07:52 -0700
What  a shame the rain came and ended a great show way too early.  I was
just heading over for the BBQ sandwich booth when the heavens opened up.

Very good turnout, with many fine cars.  All of the expected ones with a
smattering of very rare beauties as well.  Certainly the 49 Triumph roadster
and 36 Austin "Chummy" of the Pooles stood out, a 53 Rolls was an eye
catcher.  There were at least 6 bugeyes that I saw, including mine, John
Carey's, and Tom Zylla's.  Big Healeys galore, Sunbeam Alpines and a couple
of Tigers, multiple DeLoreans, a couple of Lotii and many other cars I
didn't get a chance to look over.

My first priority was the parts tables, after the second and final careful
pass, it was time for food and car worship, but that was cut short by the
biblical deluge.  My wife actually enjoyed the show and had a great time
talking knitting with an LBC wife who commented on her "KNITWGN" license
plate.

The drive home was as Gerard described, no top, crowded freeway, heavy rain,
failing wipers, and soaked to the skin.  The problem was really the water on
the inside of the windshield and my glasses.  At one point I realized how I
must look to the other drivers on the freeway and busted out laughing.  The
sight of a drowning bugeye driver laughing his a** off while he wiped the
inside of the windshield with a soaked glove caused the other drivers to
give me some space.  No one wants to be next to the crazy person.

My wife actually had the nerve to complain that her demister was a bit below
snuff on the drive home as I stood there making puddles on the floor.  Poor
baby!  She is now pumped to take 'Winifred' down to "Woodies on the Wharf"
in Santa Cruz.  Egad! I've created a monster!

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 bugeye (swimming pool with wheels)
'59 Morris Traveller (Winifred)