Re: Soapbox time...NO LBC Airline Security

To: JZIMMERM@albemarle.org, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Soapbox time...NO LBC Airline Security
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 08:50:54 EDT
I would also like to weigh in on this topic.  If we begin to profile for
terrorists, then we must remember that some of the domestic terrorists (Tim
McVeigh, Unibomber, the pipe bomber in Philly last week) were all white males
of European extraction.  Are we going to begin to profile these people also?
I don't think that the Mid-Eastern terrorists are going to use airplanes for
a while, ships, trucks, cars, suicide bombers will be used for maximum terror
in our country.  They may be middle eastern, they may not.  I fit some of the
profile of the unibomber, I don't want to be stopped everytime I go to a
public place, or on the highway etc.  I don't like the idea of pilots having
guns, let the pilots fly the planes, land in an emergency and the security
people take care of the security.
JP

John Poynton
79 Midget "Yellow Fever"