Fw: 948 cc engine

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: 948 cc engine
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 08:34:32 -0400
Al,

Unless you wrapped the entire engine bay in plastic before you installed the
motor you really want to break in the new rings before adding the boost. You
will most likely end up with oil dripping everywhere due to excessive
pressure in the crankcase.  Trust me on this one!!!

When the belt is removed and you run the engine the vane will turn because
of the vacuum. Sometimes the vane will stop in a bad position and choke the
engine. While wearing heavy work gloves (welding gloves are great for this)
hold the vane by the pulley, have someone start the car and keep it running
while you slowly rotate the vane to find the best position for the motor to
breathe. Wire the vane in that position so it can't spin or move.

Make sure that your timing is right and ignition parts are good. The Holley
does not have a very good reputation for being streetable but it should keep
the car running.

Kent
1960 Bugeye (Judson off for right now)
1974 Midget (for a few more hours)