Re: Re Rollbars and rollovers.

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re Rollbars and rollovers.
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 14:22:13 -0700
One nice spring day my brother was on a drive from the outskirts of Eugene,
OR into town driving his TR6.  Rounding a 90 degree corner at about 30 MPH,
one of the rear wheels fractured , leaving the bolt pattern securely
fastened to the brake drum and the rest of the wheel falling off.  The car
rolled over and landed upside down with a stump lodged between the
windshield and the roll bar in the drivers position.  The paradox is that he
nor his passenger were wearing a seat belt, were thrown from the car and are
here to tell about it.  While I completely advocate use of seatbelts, this
is one where his stupidity saved his life.  Where was I going with this
story?  Oh, yeah, don't drive a TRIUMPH, (oh no, that wasn't it)  Sorry, I
mean, a roll bar won't help in every instance, so don't allow it to give you
a false sense of security.  Keep your vehicle inspected (after the accident
there was evidence that the wheel had been failing for quite a while) and
drive sane.

David Riker
74 Midget
77 Midget-powered by Triumph.