Re: Thank You - Vets

To: jamespresley@yahoo.com, spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Thank You - Vets
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 13:05:22 EDT
I too salute all those who served, are serving, and will serve this great
nation of ours and also would like to proudly salute and say thank you to our
allies who have served along side us, especially the British.

I drove the Midget up to Thorpe Abbots, a W.W.II Airfield, just up the road
from our house in Suffolk, England (stationed here with the USAF).  The base
was used by the 100th Bomb Group ("The Bloody 100th).

Quite a haunting feeling to walk around the area and think of how many men
took off from that airfield and didn't come back to their base and eventually
their loved ones.

Their site is http ://www.100th bg.org /index.htm  (no spaces of course)

There is a beautiful museum there that is being cared for by some of the
nicest British people you'll ever meet.  The stories they have to share are
truly amazing and the love for the Americans who served there is still alive
and well.  I could not thank them enough for keeping the spirit alive of
those who fought for our and their liberties.

My thank you to them will be me telling my children of those who gave them
what they have today and tomorrow.

TSgt Austin
USAF Special Ops

RE:  Thank you all the men and women who put their lives on
the line every day to ensure that we are free and wear
the uniforms of our nations militaries.  I hope
everyone begins to appreciate the sacrifices those who
protect us and their families make on a day to day
basis.  You are the real hero's of our countries.

James Presley
USMC '92
Semper Fi

Austin