Breaking in a rebuilt motor...

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net> teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g52DRgu02695
Subject: Breaking in a rebuilt motor...
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 09:27:32 -0400 .com>
Well...the time has finally come.  A little over 2 years ago, my old 1275 motor
kicked the bucket.  Being a poor college student, my little joyride sat in the
garage for over a year.  After that, I shipped it off to my mechanic for him to
replace the engine with a newly rebuilt one whenever he got a chance to.
(kind-of a charity project)  Well...after another YEAR (yes...a year) at the
shop, it's finally ready for me to come pick it up.  (after a couple years
experience on other cars, I think I might be able to take it from here)
Anyways...I'm sure the mechanic will go over a few basics of breaking the motor
in, but I've learned to rely on the combined experience of 'the list'.  Let's
have some details on things that I will need to do to properly break this motor
in.  :-)

Thanks in advance!
-Mike Thompson
'71 Spridget w/it's new heart transplant!