Re: fat sunvisors

To: stevenm@optonline.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: fat sunvisors
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 06:35:50 EDT
In a message dated 6/4/02 12:09:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
stevenm@optonline.net writes:

> ?  If so what product did you use?

I have no idea where they originally came from, but in a box that I received
when I purchased my '79 were some sun visors that are made of a plastic-like
material, only about 3/16" thick, black, and on a shaft that correctly fits
the visor brackets on the windshield.  They are great, and look much better
than those smushy/floppy-looking stock ones.  Might be possible to make some.
 It looks like, if they are not a stock item from some other car, someone
took some hard material, cut them to pattern, then wrapped a metal piece
around the original rod and pop-riveted the metal to the material for a tight
but adjustable fit.  Then painted the whole affair a satin black.

--David C.