Re: fat sunvisors

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: fat sunvisors
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 10:39:03 EDT
In a message dated 6/4/02 12:09:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
stevenm@optonline.net writes:

> I have contemplated the notion of injecting the inside with "something" that
> will dry solid and flat as I mold it after shooting it in.  Is this idea
> nuts, or has someone tried it already?  If so what product did you use?  I
> have considered using a can of "Great Stuff" foam insulation.
>
> If I replace the visors, my question would be - how do I attach them?  What
> is that fastener, anyway?

- - - - - - - - - - -

The diagram in the Moss catalog shows the fasteners.  Basically it is a nut
with a very strong spring under it.  Moss sells all the fasteners and new
visors, and they aren't very expensive, as I remember.  Go to
www.mossmotors.com.

I put new visors on my '77 Midget, but then the hood clips were in the way
when the hood was up, so I couldn't see under the visors.  I just took them
off again.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget