Re: Re[2]: TAKIN THE GOOD WITH THE BAD

To: w.gilroy@verizon.net, gjbranch@attbi.com
Subject: Re: Re[2]: TAKIN THE GOOD WITH THE BAD
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 06:01:00 EDT
Cc: Pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net, HealeyRic2@aol.com, mweeks16@cox.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 6/4/02 11:16:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
w.gilroy@verizon.net writes:

> The lottery is a "Tax on the stupid", yes I can compute the odds of
> winning, and yes I buy more than one ticket.  If you call the state
> they will tell you the odds of winning any of the rub off games.  Hell,
> I play the ponies also, as if that is an honest racket!

But the dream is ALIVE!!! <g>  I buy lottery tickets in KY whenever I travel
up there, put the lottery tickets in my billfold, and tend to forget about
them for several months.  That drives a friend of mine crazy--she is one of
those have to know right now types.  She asked me how I can walk around with
perhaps an unknown fortune in  my billfold.  My reply was that as long as I
didn't know the winning numbers, the dream was still alive.  She just shook
her head and looked disgusted.  (Maybe sorta  like Bree throwing back her
head in disgust.)   LOL

--David C.