Re: Better brakes?

To: <dan.dwelley@ps.ge.com>, <PilotRob@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Better brakes?
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 15:12:32 -0400
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
ok-ok-OK!
now the car is limited by the design of the axle and the king pin and
fulcrum.  these cars are already experiencing axle failure on competition
cars.  now, you would like to upgrade the brakes and use a modern wheel.
my thoughts on this are unless you are desigeing a whole new front
suspension with new upper and lower controll arms and a tubular shock or
coil over shock the front can not reliably take much more than they are
currently being subjected to in racing.  i think the best bet for any
improvement is to use an agressive rotor and premium brake pads.  otherwise
you are not just getting into improving the suspension components to handle
the new wheels and improved brakes , but you will get into a brake bias
problem wich did not exist before upgrading the front brakes.  in my opinion
the stock system works quite well when in proper condition.   and my car
goes fast enough for me.

chuck