Fuel Gauge Problems Persist

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel Gauge Problems Persist
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 11:17:40 -0600
Greetings
A month or so ago I sought the list's advice on for a fuel gauge reading
problem.   Unfortunately many of the replies I received are on a computer
that is no longer living.   Here is a brief recap of the problem and what I
have done to try to resolve it.

The gauge worked before I installed a new fuel tank.
Now it reads full even when the tank is nearly empty.
The tank is properly grounded.
The sender unit cycles normally and smoothly  when out of the tank and
reads 15 ohms in the full position and approx. 250 ohms in the empty position.
If I disconnect the power lead at the bullet connector near the front of
the tank the gauge drops to empty.

Is it possible that the gauge is the problem?
Thanks
Dave

'72 Midget