Re: rock hard clutch pedal

Subject: Re: rock hard clutch pedal
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 22:02:31 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Well, I don't have a rock hard pedal, but it is a working much better than it
used to pedal. I finally finished the 68 today, I found that there were two
problems in the clutch system. Usually when you release the bolts on the
pressure
plate, there is movement when the torque is released. Nothing, I took the bolts
out and it was flat against the flywheel, I guess the springs are shot, it is a
Quinton Hazell unit. I know as it has the same #'s as the QH unit going in. You
gotta love the little tube of lube they include, like they don't know you car
leaks so much oil, lubing the pivot arm isn't a problem!!
Second, A Boy Named SUe was correct, the throwout bushing was at fault. Hell, it
was MIA. It had been gone so long there is about half of it worn off about 1/8"
in the lowest spot. Those that visit on Tuesday can see the carnage.
All that said and done, the car is running again.
Now for the 65, when I try to get it started (it did run earlier) it almost
catches and then the starter kicks out, just a second to soon. Is that the
bendix
going bad?? I have the fuel pump working, the tank dropped, emptied of its old
varnish, and the sender loosened up and functioning again. All I need is to get
it to start again and run on its own without having to bottle feed the
Brad