Hot Weather Fuel Vaporization

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Hot Weather Fuel Vaporization
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 18:07:49 -0600
Howdy
There was a thread running recently about rough running problems when in
stop and go traffic in hot weather.   I lost all the suggested fixes when
my old computer departed.   I have the same problem....the headers get hot
enough to vaporize the fuel in the float bowls.  (At least that is what I
assume the problem is.   Once you get rolling for a block or two it returns
to running perfectly)   If anybody has come up with a workable
fix  i.e.  an additional cooling fan or such like I would appreciate
knowing what you did.    I remember someone said polish the float bowls to
reflect heat and I've done that.   I have a custom heat shield that fits
well between the headers and the carbs and it has asbestos or something
similar on the back but its not getting the job done.
Please email me back off list.
Thanks
Dave

p.s.  If anybody saved all the traffic on this subject you can just fire
them all over.