Re: Hot Weather Fuel Vaporization

To: Dave Hiley <dhiley@cadvision.com>
Subject: Re: Hot Weather Fuel Vaporization
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 22:12:00 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Hello Dave,

Monday, June 17, 2002, 8:07:49 PM, you wrote:

DH> to running perfectly)   If anybody has come up with a workable
DH> fix  i.e.  an additional cooling fan or such like I would appreciate
DH> knowing what you did.    I remember someone said polish the float bowls to
DH> reflect heat and I've done that.   I have a custom heat shield that fits
DH> well between the headers and the carbs and it has asbestos or something

I think my problem is mostly the big honking cat. that is under the
carbs.  I have built a thermometer out of a Radio Shack thermocouple
and a Digital Multi Meter (DMM).  I will use this setup to record the
under the hood temperature.  Once I have that data I will be swaping
out the cat (and entire exhaust system) with a set of header that I
have sent to Swain to be coated.  I will then measure the temps again
and see if it has made much of a difference or I just got hosed.  I
will keep the list informed to the results.   The cost of the homemade
thermometer was < $5.  At least I will have an idea of how much of a
difference it makes.  It would be really nice if it removes enough
heat so my wife's feet don't cook.

--
Best regards,
 Bill                            mailto:w.gilroy@verizon.net