Re: What bolts to use in flywheel

To: Mail4Carpenters@peoplepc.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What bolts to use in flywheel
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 13:20:56 EDT
In a message dated 6/18/02 10:27:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Mail4Carpenters@peoplepc.com writes:

> Can I buy them from a hardware store as Grade 8 and use those or
> are they an even higher grade?  Any suggestions?

No, I would suggest using Flywheel Bolts made for the purpose. I went through
this as twice my flywheel bolts have come loose and caused a floppy flywheel.
 I bought a nice set from Paul Asguierson (sp?) who is on this list.  Ther
are listed in APT as well.  Also use Loc-tight on the bolts when you install
them.  I used the blue tuff stuff, owing to my bad experiences with floppy
flywheels.  Don't forget to re-insert the pilot bearing.

--David C.