Re: Now radiator - Re: Motor Mount "Trick"

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Now radiator - Re: Motor Mount "Trick"
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 23:06:49 -0700 (PDT)
> >I've made a quick release for my radiators also, it is
> with out a doubt the
> >biggest improvement you can make to ease the pulling of
> a motor. I can
> >replace my radiator in 5 minutes where I used to take
> hours sometimes to

After removing and replacing the radiator in the Discovery
yesterday-today, I have to admit, I LOVE the mounting..Two
bolts on the top sides that hold brackets to the radiator
bulkhead...they have holes with grommets, that the side
brackets with upwards protruding pieces stick into...you
than just simply pull it up and out...matter of seconds
really...of course wrestling with the bottom radiator hose
for hours almost caused me to go crazy with a maul ont eh
poor bbc....finally cut the hose and bought a new
one....but that was a smooth installation...re-installing
took maybe two minutes...plus a few more to put on the new
hoses....am thinking of doing something similar on other
vehicles if they are such a PITA as you guys say the
spridget one is..

Paul
(all things relative here...drove the disco for the first
time in many months of driving the '66 land-rover, and
would you believe Elgie is amazingly faster than the disco?
 ;-0 I had forgotten.......2.85 litres vs the 3.9 v-8 in
hte disco....can't wait to get the midget together, as with
the way I seem to do things, the midget will be even more
of a screamer(just won't shock people as much as seeing a
36 year old land-rover lay tracks and disapear before you
get accross the line in your jap sportscar..)  ;-) leaving
the Hayward meet a guy in a mini pulled past me onto
Mission, and I blew him away....hehehehehe! I don't think
he knew what hit him.....
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com