Re: Amy?

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Amy?
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 00:20:20 -0400
> Hey, is Amy of the leaf green Bugeye still lurking out there?  Anyone have
> her e-mail?  A friend of mine is looking for a pictute of a leaf green BE
and
> I seem to remember she has some posted.
>
> AMY! Where are you?????????????
>
> Robert Houston

Do you mean me?  I'm still here!  I get the list in digest form, so it takes
me a while to reply.

I have a leaf green bugeye in the (extremely slow) process of restoration.
This was one of the barn bugeyes that was given to me.  The body work is
done, the engine and transmission are rebuilt and installed, and I NEED to
get moving and get this car put together!  I have almost all the parts, but
not the time and energy to put them together.

I don't have many good photos of the leaf green Sprite, but I'll be happy to
help however I can.  Laura Peaple's Sprite is on the web in a few places,
and hers is a gorgeous example.  An article about her car in a British
publication was what convinced me I wanted a leaf green Sprite.  Here's a
good shot of it, although I don't think it's a very accurate representation
of the color.
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/midgetspriteclub/surrey/images2/laurafrogeyeBook.jp

This one looks to me like a better shot of the color:
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/midgetspriteclub/surrey/images2/Glaurafrogbrookland
s1.jpg

I have the ICI code somewhere for the leaf green paint.  If you'd like me to
look it up for you, I'll do my best.  It's been a while since I had the car
painted!

Amy