Re: Rubber plugs /grommets

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rubber plugs /grommets
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 16:42:30 -0700 (PDT)
> DON'T USE BRAKE FLUID! Brake fluid is corrosive. Yes, it
> will eat paint.
to say the least....not even going to explain what it does
to your skin after three hours of heavy contact.....ooh!
the memories  are coming back...  ;-(

Another thing to do is use the special Girling rubber
grease!  ;-) I thought all lbc owners had it in the box of
tubes/cans along with the dielectric grease, girling brake
anti squeal, simichrome polish, spark-plug lube, marvel
mystery oil, etc!  ;-) seriously! I wouldn't ever touch a
brake-rebuild withoug using this magic stuff....it's great
for the rubber, and safe with the girling brake fluid if in
the system.

Or silicon grease, and I believe there are a couple other
rubber greases/chreams....

...and another good thing is Rubber rejubvinator! It's what
the pro's use (or used to....now it's all tos and
replace....) I don't know where/if they even sell it
anymore, but I've been using the same can since buying my
first Triumph GT-6+ in '84. It works wonderfully.

Gerard, Is the black magic the same company that makes the
wheel magic? I think I know which one yo mean......it's in
a spray bottle and clear? it's great for the tires! helps
keep them in good shape for years with continous
applications as it is supposed to ahve UV inhibitore to
slow the effects of the sun..

Paul

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com