Re: home safe from newhope

To: Charles Christ <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: home safe from newhope
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 23:16:41 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
i think not Chuck. Too critical or dwindling intrest? There is an AACA
region near Pittsburgh that used to host one of the better shows over
the years. They would have over 300 cars, all arranged by year. Great
cars, 1900s: Brush, Olds, Monroe, Premier. Being near Butler, they have
Austin and Bantam and the city owns the only Husselton in existance. I
think there is a generation gap taking it's toll. Younger guys have
muscle cars and Vipers or Porsches. The older crowd running the shows
needs to get more young blood into the clubs. I've taken my booys to
Hershey and a ton of local shows to the point where they appreciate the
cars and workmanship, but they have there own thing right now. I remeber
the first show I took my 49 Ford to, it was around '72, one lady walking
with her husband turned and wnet back up the row just as she came to my
car. She said "These cars aren't old enough to bother with." Meanwhile
at that very same show this year, our Bugeye was clearly among the older
1/3 of the cars on the field. The show in Butler last year was a bit
disappointing for me because I hadn't gone for a few years and it was
really small and made up mostly of the older guys with the older cars,
but the numbers are getting alot smaller. Other than getting more young
blood, I don't know what will come of all this.

Dave & Bobbie Carpenter
Pittsburgh, PA
60 3000 "Healey Bits" (in more pieces than they built it from)
60 Bugeye "Little Bits" click the link below for pictures
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2z49v/bugeye.htm
Pictures from Pittsburgh Vintage Gran Prix
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2z49v/pvgp.htm