Re: home safe from newhope

To: wsthompson@thicko.com, cfchrist@earthlink.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: home safe from newhope
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 12:10:40 EDT
In a message dated 8/10/02 7:09:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
wsthompson@thicko.com writes:

> This may or may not apply to the show you mention, but it's an issue that
> needs to be considered.
>
> There's something going on that threatens all of our car collecting
> hobbies... attrition.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I don't believe that attrition is the cause of New Hope's decline.  Two years
ago it was a much larger show with many car parts and tool vendors.  It
rained heavily, so I think they must have had complaints about mud.  Last
year (and this) the show was in a different area at the high school, less
prone to puddles.  But, no room for vendors.

I think it was a management decision, and I intend to complain.  I have been
going to the NHAS since 1967.  Three years in a row I have not seen the
Stanley Steamer!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget