. . . the grass is riz, I wonder where the birdies is?

To: "Spridgets" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: . . . the grass is riz, I wonder where the birdies is?
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 22:48:25 -0400
Yes, "Spring has sprung".

Yesterday as I was pulling away from a stop, it sounded and felt like my car
had been mildly rear-ended.  I checked my mirror to see what happened, and
the pickup behind me was not close enough to have nudged me.  Then I started
to look for parts on the road as I pulled away.  ( it wasn't a good place to
stop. )  I didn't find any.  Thoughts of what had happened went through my
mind and later I found that the right rear spring hanger was pulling away
from the chassis.

So as not to let Miss Marple go the same route as my '65 Sprite, I have
called a local Brit car establishment to pursue having it professionally
repaired.  Not cheap.

It was last repaired in 1985, at a place called Broadway Motors (
restoration shop ) in England.

Robert D.