Couple of questions

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Couple of questions
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 07:03:56 -0500
Good Morning Listers:

I've been laying in the weeds for quite a while now,  Have been
working on the 66 Sprite, going through the usual floors, a-post,
wings, etc.  Had to have something to drive, so bought a 74 RWA, 1275
Midget.  Drove it 100 miles home yesterday and smiles all the way!

Car has one major problem, brakes kept fading, losing pedal pressure,
No leaks that I have found, so are we talking a master cylinder or is
there something else that I should check.  If it is the MC, is it
better to rebuild the original (or attempt to) or get a new rebuilt?

Second, I checked all the fluid levels before we left yesterday, but
now we are home, I want to change them all out.  What does the list
recommend for the best fluids to use?  What should I not use, etc.
Any suggestions for the:

engine oil
transmission fluid
rear axle
brakes
clutch
radiator

Thanks for any help!
Still too new at this to know anything for sure!

Dave Mac
66 Sprite (was whole, now parts)
74 Midget