Re: Kingpins & A-frames

To: spritenut@Exit109.com, walters@mail.softcom.net
Subject: Re: Kingpins & A-frames
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 21:01:33 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 8/19/02 8:32:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
spritenut@Exit109.com writes:

> BUT after many years under the car, you may need a
> chisel. NOT to chisel it off but a chisel has a wide enough blade and a
> six sided shaft where a socket wrench will fit over. Not that giant
> breaker bar with a 10' cheater pipe and maybe, just maybe it will
> unscrew like the book says.

Under advice of a lister, I took a proper sized #8 bolt and ground the end of
it down until it was a hammer fit into the slot in the fulcrum pin.  Once
seated, a 1/2" or larger socket and ratchet worked pretty well once I got the
thing loosened.

--David C.